"Working Harder to Make Aging Easier"
We are committed to helping older persons live with dignity, safety and independence in their own homes, and optimize the quality of their lives.
Our Most Cherished Belief... We believe that all older persons should be respected for their individual value, dignity and contributions to society and that their autonomy and privacy must be protected.
The Agency on Aging is a not-for-profit agency, chartered in 1974, that develops and promotes a comprehensive network of services for persons 60+ in the fastest growing areas in the state: DuPage, Grundy, Kane, Kendall, Kankakee, Lake, McHenry and Will Counties.
It is one of over 600 such agencies throughout the U.S., created by Congress to implement and coordinate the Older Americans Act services.
Over 520,900 seniors 60+ live in the agency's eight-county service area. The Agency on Aging awards funds to local agencies in each county to provide the vital Older Americans Act serivces. The Agency on Aging monitors these services to ensure that they are of high quality and that its funds are spent appropriately.
Sample of Older Americans Act Services... Meals on Wheels, Case Management, Information and Assistance, Family Caregiver Support, Legal Services, and much more.
Agency on Aging Points of Distinction...
- Successful track record to organize, plan, and execute winning events.
- Ability to connect with a vast network of senior providers.
- Gives at-risk elders the opportunity to stay in their own homes with dignity and safety.
- Advocates and collaborates with communities to prepare seniors and families for aging.
- Effective link between local, state and national aging programs/services.
Programs & Events Presented by the Northeastern Illinois Agency on Aging...
P.O. Box 809 - Kankakee, IL 60901
245 W. Roosevelt Road, Bldg. 6 - West Chicago, IL 60185